Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cleaning Toilets

Now look what you can do with Alka Seltzer.  Clean a toilet.  Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush and flush.  The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous china.
Martha Stewart Tips Email
I have tried this, it works.  I just don't like keeping a toilet brush around so I use the Clorox Toilet Wand.  It is a cleaner tool for me.  I am sure Alka-Seltzer is cheaper per use than the Clorox Wand, but the germ-a-phob in me likes the wand better.
Since trying to live a more frugal life, I have gone back to the toilet brush and holder.  The Clorox wand is great but so much more expensive.  I have also found that spraying some Tilex mildew remover into the toilet and letting it sit for a while cleans the toilet without me having to touch it at all! It is amazing.  I also use it after I shower a couple times a week and presto, no more scrubbing the shower down either.  It is an amazing product and much better than Alka Seltzer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment